No Quarter Given
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No Quarter Given

NQG's personal message boards!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueForever

Member of the Month Points : 18

Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted Empty
PostSubject: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:01 am

Yawgmoth's Will - Ask and I will hit you with a flyswatter
Demonic Tutor - Ask and I will hit you with a flyswatter
Vampiric Tutor - Ask and I will hit you with a flyswatter
Necropotence - Ask and I will hit you with a flyswatter
Demonic Consulataion - Too much of a good thing for 4 offs

Tinker - Ask and I will hit you with a flyswatter
Flash - with Hulk formed a deck that was too powerful and consistant

Time Vault - with Key formed a deck that was too powerful and consistant
Mana Vault - Produces more mana then its costs
Sol Ring - Produces more mana then its costs
Mana Crypt - Produces more mana then its costs
Stripmine - We lived with 4x for mana years before it got restricted
Tolarian Academy - UUUUUUU+++ is a bad idea on a land
Trinisphere - with Workshop locked up the game too often too early

Wheel of Fortune -

Balance - Please unrestrict this

Channel - GG - > mana
Fastbond - closest thing to SoloMoxen now. Alot of key interactions with Crucible
Back to top Go down
Trapster

Member of the Month Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 am

Interesting article but could you please detail more why flash is restricted? I really have no idea why, it doesn't look that great at first glance.

Sol ring isn't restricted by the way, perhaps you're referring to legacy but in classic mtgo, you can have x4. I'd also like to know how you can abuse channel, to me it looks like you need many lands for that to work.

I'm not sure I agree on balance, it's effectively an armageddon, wrath of god, and any black mass discard card put together for 2 lousy mana. If you're running blue/white control with low cost counterspells then you're put in a nasty advantage. To me it's a card of last resorts, like a panic button, I think it should stay restricted. It can really slow down a 2hg game by starting over from scratch. I'm thinking about using ignorant bliss and balance. That way I get to keep my entire hand plus draw a card and everyone else discards their entire hand.

Wheel of fortune is an amazing card which unfortunately is restricted because of abuse with black discard cards like megrim or liliana's caress. Windfall is a decent alternative though.

Back to top Go down
BlueForever

Member of the Month Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Flash + Protean Hulk -- > Fetch Carrion Feeder Body Double Sac BD of Hulk - > Fetch Reveilark Mogg Fanatic gg

Sol Ring has been restricted since 1994 in every format it was legal

Balance x 4 was my pet deck in 1994-1995 and has been restricted since 1996

Wheel is 3 mana draw 7, Part of a cycle that was restricted for storm Jar is 5 mana and currently unrestricted
Back to top Go down
Trapster

Member of the Month Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:58 am

No way, I just looked up the restricted cards list and sol ring is listed. That's so odd, I keep seeing that card so often I figured x4 was allowed.

Back to top Go down
mastermike

Member of the Month Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Trapster wrote:
No way, I just looked up the restricted cards list and sol ring is listed. That's so odd, I keep seeing that card so often I figured x4 was allowed.

the shuffler is god to some :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted   Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted Empty

Back to top Go down

Restricted Essentials and Why are they Restricted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Quarter Given :: Deck Lists :: Classic Decks-
Jump to: