No Quarter Given
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No Quarter Given

NQG's personal message boards!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RedMan929's works

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedMan929

Member of the Month Points : 25

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

heres some cards ive been working on, let me know what you all think, i plan on adding more and more to this thread, trying to get the creative flow going... encouragement, constructive criticism, please, feel free!

Last edited by RedMan929 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

i know hes not a member of NQG, but BlippytheSlug inspired me to create this card:

RedMan929's works DogsofWar
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: heres another,    RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:53 am

heres another, plan on making 3 more of these to round out the colors...

RedMan929's works AlloyNibbler
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:07 am

RedMan929's works AngelofFaith
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 am

RedMan929's works DemonoftheCircle
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 am

RedMan929's works HushElemental
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:21 am

here's a couple more id like to add :) RedMan929's works Well-OiledMachine
RedMan929's works CalloftheMezzerdrix
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:29 am

RedMan929's works OmegatoAlpha
Back to top Go down
Edge

Member of the Month Points : 13

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Constructive Criticism: Angel of Faith is way too powerful for a 4 drop... I don't see that ever happening in any set ever... I'd like the cards I post on the website to be realistic to an extent... Nice work though! I am enjoying your unglued creations!

The Demon card... I'm iffy on that... I'm unsure if I'd consider that over powered or not, but either way, I mean, if it juss killed a crit, that'd be one thing, but you gain life for it too?? Thas kinda steep for a 4 drop 3/4 to be able to do.

Hush Elemental: You know what a Giant Spider is? It's a 2/4 green creature with reach that cost 03 *G to cast... You have a creature that costs 4, that's a 2/4 Flying with flash... OH, and let's not forget it's also a counterspell and a boomerang... If this card existed I'd own a playset and would pay any amount of money to own it.... Thas a bad thing, it means it's WAY TOO overpowered.

Alpha to Omega: I don't even know where to start on how awesome this card is... Kill EVERYTHING, including emrakul, and for EACH THING KILLED you get a 1/1, not only with flying, but with Lifelink as well... THIS CARD IS WAY TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well make an artifact that says "Win the game at the start of the next end phase"

Encouragement: I LOVE Well-Oiled Machine, and Call to the Mezzerdrix....Call is my favorite one you made... Those tokens can be easily removed, AND, if someone was to be using this card, it could be abused heavily provided an entire deck was built around it... JUST LIKE A REAL MAGIC CARD!!!!! I personally wouldn't use either of the dog cards you have, although eoans is a fan... They seem to be real cards I could see Wizards actually releasing though...

Encouragement? How about I put all 4 of those above mentioned cards on our website, and award you 16 NQG Member of the Month points? I'd say thas some good encouragement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.designex.net/nqg/
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 am

Edge wrote:
Constructive Criticism: Angel of Faith is way too powerful for a 4 drop... I don't see that ever happening in any set ever... I'd like the cards I post on the website to be realistic to an extent... Nice work though! I am enjoying your unglued creations!

The Demon card... I'm iffy on that... I'm unsure if I'd consider that over powered or not, but either way, I mean, if it juss killed a crit, that'd be one thing, but you gain life for it too?? Thas kinda steep for a 4 drop 3/4 to be able to do.

Hush Elemental: You know what a Giant Spider is? It's a 2/4 green creature with reach that cost 03 *G to cast... You have a creature that costs 4, that's a 2/4 Flying with flash... OH, and let's not forget it's also a counterspell and a boomerang... If this card existed I'd own a playset and would pay any amount of money to own it.... Thas a bad thing, it means it's WAY TOO overpowered.

Alpha to Omega: I don't even know where to start on how awesome this card is... Kill EVERYTHING, including emrakul, and for EACH THING KILLED you get a 1/1, not only with flying, but with Lifelink as well... THIS CARD IS WAY TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well make an artifact that says "Win the game at the start of the next end phase"

Encouragement: I LOVE Well-Oiled Machine, and Call to the Mezzerdrix....Call is my favorite one you made... Those tokens can be easily removed, AND, if someone was to be using this card, it could be abused heavily provided an entire deck was built around it... JUST LIKE A REAL MAGIC CARD!!!!! I personally wouldn't use either of the dog cards you have, although eoans is a fan... They seem to be real cards I could see Wizards actually releasing though...

Encouragement? How about I put all 4 of those above mentioned cards on our website, and award you 16 NQG Member of the Month points? I'd say thas some good encouragement!

hey Edge, thanks man i appreciate it a lot

as far as for the most of the cards being overpowered, yea i agree, there was a discussion on the paper mtg forums for you make the card on which cards are overpowered and which extra few could stand to be rares instead of mythics... im glad you like the artifact creature as well as the green sorcery Call of the Mezzerdrix is definitely my personal favorite too, i really like the flavor text...

anyways, i got a lot more cards created that i wanna share. i told the fine folks at the you make the card section of the magic paper forums that i would post there too, but i will definitely post here first. look for them soon. thanks again Edge!
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: OK   RedMan929's works EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 am

OK, heres a bunch more, ill post these dozen cards... let me know what you guys think. after this i also have 5 more cards that ive finished but just need to find artwork for... all right without further ado:

RedMan929's works Wither

RedMan929's works WallofFerns

i really like the artwork for this one:

RedMan929's works VanishingGolem

RedMan929's works OakDrake

RedMan929's works NeverendingDreams

RedMan929's works MorphingFields

RedMan929's works MoltenIncarnation

RedMan929's works HavocCry

i like this one, ive always liked all the Firecats in magic, so...

RedMan929's works FirecatWisp

RedMan929's works DryadoftheFoothills

now heres a couple that may be overpowered... i dunno yet. might make the sorcery a mythic... but im thinking the creature might be fine because of the casting cost

RedMan929's works DayofVengeance

RedMan929's works AkromasJavelineer

thats it for now yo, let me know what everyone thinks!
Back to top Go down
eoans

Member of the Month Points : 1

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: art   RedMan929's works EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey Red, i realy like a lot of the art work on most of these cards man. Who is it? Or did you find it the net and just used it?

If you know this person, they know what their doing.
Back to top Go down
RedMan929

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 pm

hey eoans, i did a websearch for a lot of them, trying to find a good match to what i would think they should look like... some of them i couldnt even find the name of the artist, but i tried for each one

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RedMan929's works Empty
PostSubject: Re: RedMan929's works   RedMan929's works Empty

Back to top Go down

RedMan929's works
Page 1 of 1